Hemp Seed Curry Cream Sauce – Vegan
This is a rich and creamy vegan curry sauce made with hemp seeds. You can serve it with pasta, rice and/or your favorite vegetables. It would also be delicious as a dip!
Makes 2 cups
Hemp Seed Curry Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1+ tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil), divided
- 1 onion – diced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2/3 cup raw hemp hearts
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp jalapeno flakes or hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan combine hemp hearts and water; bring to a simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. The hemp hearts will swell and rise to the top. Cool until safe to transfer to a blender. Blend to a smooth and creamy consistency. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, toast cumin and coriander seeds until lightly colored or until the seeds begin to pop and their fragrance is released, 2 to 3 minutes. If needed add more oil. Add onion and garlic; reduce heat to medium low – cook for 10 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Add the onion mixture, pepper flakes and cinnamon to the hemp seed cream and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pasta, rice and/or your favorite vegetables. Store sauce tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Please follow and like us: