Weekly Recipe – for the Holiday season – Hemp Mushroom Cream Gravy – Vegan
This is a rich and creamy vegan gravy made with hemp seeds. It is delicious over mashed potatoes, stuffing, biscuits or anything else you want to smother in gravy.
Makes around 3 cups
Hemp Mushroom Cream Gravy Recipe
- 2/3 cup raw hemp hearts
- 3 1/3 cup water – divided
- 1+ tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil) – divided
- 1 onion – diced
- 4 oz mushrooms of your choice – diced
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan combine hemp hearts and 1 1/3 cups water; bring to a simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. The hemp hearts will swell and rise to the top. Cool until safe to transfer to a blender. Blend to a smooth and creamy consistency. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, saute onion until lightly browned about 8 minutes; add mushrooms and spices and continue cooking until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add remaining water to onions and mushrooms. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low – cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until water is reduced by half.
- Stir in hemp cream; bring back to a simmer then turn off heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately while warm.
Please follow and like us: