Non-Dairy, Vegan Hemp Ice Cream
- 2 cups hemp milk (blend 3-to-1 hemp hearts and water in a blender; no need to strain)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can coconut cream or whole coconut milk (not refrigerated nondairy beverage or light coconut milk)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vodka (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Your choice of flavoring: I added 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips and 3 tbs. peanut butter for a chocolate peanut butter version but you can see other suggestions here
- In a medium pot, combine hemp milk, coconut cream or milk, sugar and salt, and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Let cool in the pot.
- Transfer to a container and stir in vodka, if using, and vanilla. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and chill according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Please follow and like us: