Apple Hemp Crisp
- 21 oz. apple pie filling (I made my own filling since I had fresh apples following this recipe and used monkfruit sweetener instead of pure sugar); you could also use a store bought can to make it easier and if you don’t have access to fresh apples.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats (you can use regular oats if you’re not concerned about gluten)
- 1/3 cup margarine (I used earth balance soy free butter sticks since I’m vegan)
Makes 8 servings
- Prepare pie filling and let cool (or open a can).
2. Melt margarine.
3. Mix remaining ingredients (except for the almonds and 1/4 cup of hemp hearts).
4. Stir margarine into dry mix and place in a baking pan/dish.
5. Sprinkle almonds and remaining hemp hearts on top.
6. Bake at 350 for 20-30 mins (until bubbly)